The SIG - Entrepreneurship & Learning builds and nurtures a dynamic, growing, and diverse learning community to explore a range of issues related to Entrepreneurship and Learning of interest to our members and event participants. We want to leverage great networks in Silicon Valley and the Nordic region with deep expertise and experience in entrepreneurship and learning issues and create a vibrant knowledge and innovation bridge between Silicon Valley and the Nordic region. We also want to build strong collaboration between Silicon Valley and the Nordic chapters of Silicon Vikings.
Our SIG plans and executes exciting events and activities, listening and acting upon input from our members. Bring interesting and knowledgeable entrepreneurs and thought leaders from Silicon Valley, the Nordic region, and elsewhere to speak.
We aim to become a hotspot for networking and knowledge sharing for professionals with interest in entrepreneurship and learning.
Some of Our Past SIG events:
The Future of Higher Education — June 20, 2013
Designing Games for Learning — April 25, 2013
Design and Future of User Experience — November 27, 2012
Disruptive Innovation in Education — November 1, 2012
Corporate Entrepreneurship Night — Juy 10, 2012
Directory of Blog posts from the SIG Entrepreneurship & Learning
- Nordic MOOCs: Quo Vadis?
- European Edupreneuring
- Design for User Experience Revisited
- MOOC Update
- Some Thoughts on "Industrial MOOCs"--In European Context
- GREAT Talk by Ann Winblad--at Innovation Center Denmark
- Future Nordic Entrepreneurs Benefiting From Nordic-Silicon Valley Academic Collaborations
- Some Thoughts on How to Gain Success and Visibility in Silicon Valley
- Open Education Resources at Stanford University
- Math Games: Growing Buzz and Significant Opportunity?
- Learning Analytics Revisited
- Nordic Edupreneuring: Opportunities and Challenges
- Implications of “True Broadband”
- Future EduPreneuring Around Learning Analytics
- Vinod Khosla on Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Education
- Innovation: Entrepreneurs and Startups vs Incumbent Players in Education and Learning
- “Smart Cities” Entrepreneurship
- # 3 How to Raise Money In Silicon Valley – The Search For the Holy Grail
- “Smart Cities” Entrepreneurship
- Building and/or Strengthening Nordic EdTech Community
- #2 How to Get Started in SiliconValley – or How to Eat an Elephant?
- Next-Generation Digital and Virtual Design
- Edupreneurial Hotspot: Game-Based Learning
- #1 Why Move Your Company to Silicon Valley?
Published on 7/31
- Marc Andreessen on Software Disrupting Education
- Hybrid or Blended Learning: Seeking Optimal Mix of Virtual/Digital and Physical/Traditional Learning
Published on 7/22
The SIG Team
- Eilif Trondsen, SIG Chair and Director, Strategic Business Insights.
- Juulia Tarma, Consultant, Finpro/Finnode
- Adiba Cremonini, Executive Director Silicon Vikings and VP International Relations Northern Europe, US Market Access Center.
We hope to build a community of interest and learning around our SIG on Entrepreneurship and Learning, so we welcome your comments, ideas and suggestions, including topics and speakers for future sessions. Also, you can make your voice heard by commenting on our blog posts and by tweeting and using #SVEL (so we can discover and track your comments)
Contact person: SIG Chair, Eilif Trondsen at Eilif.Trondsen@siliconvikings.com