Nordic counties have always been at the forefront of technological progress and design. In order to ensure that this region continues to be a leader in innovation and high-tech ivestment, Silicon Vikings recommends you to have a look into the Merck Accelerator Program.
What is it?
The Merck Accelerator Program is a three-month program held at Merck’s headquarters in Darmstadt. During that time, chosen applicants accelerate their business with the objective of partnering up with Merck to co-create new solutions and forge sustainable business relationships. For this year’s program, they are looking for startups in the fields of Liquid Biopsy, Bio Sensing & Interfaces, Clean Meat, as well as other core areas such as Healthcare, Life Science and Performance Materials.
What to expect
All Accelerator participants will, from the very first moment, get connected with different Merck areas to make collaboration happen. The Accelerator team will help them from the very beginning to find their perfect match! Among the many program benefits and features are:
· Business partnership opportunities: Merck wants to partner with promising startups to build sustainable, strong and successful business relationships.
· Access to Merck´s internal resources and networks: Connect with a global network of over 50k experts and profit from their expertise and knowledge.
· Mentoring and Training: Tailored coaching sessions, workshops and mentoring by senior management as well as internal and external experts.
· Funding: Kick off your collaboration project with up to €50k non-equity-based funding.
· Prototyping: Use high-tech prototyping tools at the Makerspace of the futuristic Merck Innovation Center.
· Community: Build lifelong relationships with startups and internal teams.
· Access to the Chinese market: Selected startups will also have the chance to extend their stay in Merck´s China Innovation Hub.
90% of the startups that graduated in April from the last intake of the Merck Accelerator, are either collaborating or in negotiations to partner up with Merck. Therefore, let´s say that the program that takes place at the Innovation Center at Merck´s headquarters in Germany, is much more than an accelerator but a “collaboration-maker” for startups that are looking to reach their first deals.
Apply now and accelerate your business in the Merck Accelerator. For more information, click here